- God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy: This incredible book is impossible to ignore - you have to either love it, or hate it ! As you might have guessed, I belong to the former class of people. A must-read, folks !
- Gone Baby Gone by Dennis Lehane: This was my introduction to Dennis Lehane, and have been a die-hard fan ever since...urgently waiting for his next book.
- Primal Fear by William Diehl: I have always been one for legal thrillers (dunno if the fact that my grandpa is a lawyer has anything to do with it !) - Steve Martini, Grisham et al - and this one was innovative enough to keep me hooked. The Richard Gere-Ed Norton movie by the same name was not a patch on the book.
- The General's Daughter by Nelson Demille: Have always believed this movie was destined for a remake, but certainly not the trashy one that it turned out to be. Even John Travolta couldn't salvage this one. Even if you have seen the movie, go ahead and read the book - any book enthusiast worth his or her name will like it.
- Different Seasons by Stephen King: In one word, incredible. Contrary to popular belief, Stephen King is NOT just a proponent of horror stories; he has written some non-horror books as well, and this has to be the best of them. This is a collection of four novellas, the first of which is 'The Shawshank Redemption'...that should say it all.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Five Great Books
I had to post this on my first day :)....